Tuesday 23 August 2011

Grab your rain mac!

It's the start of the hurricane season and I want everyone to be introduced to Irene (right) She looks like a beasttt! Mother Nature is not happy. I'm going to be honest here and say that hurricane tracking via the media is one of my favourite (but geeky) hobbies. I just love hearing the updates as it gains strenght and people plan for its arrival. To have that power... it is a great example of how the world works. She could potientally make landfall in areas such as Florida and Carolinas. I wanted to document it on my blog because this is the first hurricane for the 2011 storm season and she looks like she could cause some harm. At the minute her winds are gaining over 100mph and has already brought flooding to the areas in the photo. BUT that is what is so great about mother nature, she could decrease as she moves further inland. You never know.

In other news, I am still on my steroids after going to the hospital today. I don't mind still needing to be on them, due to the whole "safety net" theory. When the time is right I am sure they will allow me to slowly come off them. Tomorrow is my final first sit exam, so fingers crossed.

In weird business news though this article caught my head, a london office has introduced bee hives in the workplace to "boost work morale" So my question to you is do you think it could actually boost morale? My opinion? In this modern society where people grow their own vegetables in small pots out their back garden, purchase more organic food or high food standard food than a couple of years ago and recycle until their heart is content. It can only mean one thing: people are open to new concepts and ideas. The whole bee's boosting morale in work? That's a brand new idea, which certain type of businesses could benefit from, especially if they start to produce their own mini products to give as bonus' presents to staff e.g. honey jars. The Bee Article

Toodles for now. Don't let the Hurriance get you :P

No comments:

Post a Comment