Sunday 14 August 2011

Delights for your tummy

Recently I have been wanting to bake new things that I haven't tried out yet and because I'm a member of a facebook group, who seems to enjoy cooking and posting their meals/baked goods I decided to do a bit of baking today. I made a crunchie cheesecake and a banoffee pie (for the boyfriend and his family)

To the left is my cheesecake, as my other homebaked good is chilling in the fridge, eagerly awaiting to get its photo taken. The recipe for the cheesecake was a basic normal recipe that I use, which enables me to vary the filling, for example flake or malteasers etc. The recipe is
  • 300g of biscuits (i use hob nobs to get it a bit of a crunch)
  • 100g of butter to be melted
  • a tub of soft cheese
  • 300ml double cream
  • sugar (to sweeten cream and cheese mix)
  • for this recipe three crunchie bars and one bar for the decorative topping
Simples! I love making cheesecake and normally pretend the calories are the same as clouds ;)

In other glorious news I have got rid of my.... GVH! I woke up today and my hands, arms, legs, stomach and face are clear. Before you ask, of course i praised my skin and welcomed it back into the normal world were red dots don't cover it all the time. But I'm so happy today :) 

I just have to pull my cotton socks up and get on with at least some revision before I meet my friends later tonight for a catch up session. I love having the ability to go places now, something I thought would never return with my transplant.

Ohhh! I bought candy coloured nail polish so I shall take photos and upload them to show you my buyings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment