Tuesday 15 March 2011

"They made a statue of us and put it on the mountain top"


Well I'm back from Dublin. I decided to leave my phone at home and I actually had a lovely day... yes I had a lovely day at the hospital. Something I didn't think I would say anytime soon. Thinking about it, it was because I knew they wouldn't be giving me chemo or poking at me too much.

The Dr who I called a bitch, was actually NICE. So I have decided that I need to go back to being positive about things and maybe not show that I'm always scared of what is coming. Because really when you do stop to think about it, someone out there has said "yes I will come to Dublin and give this girl my stem cells so she can live" PRETTY AMAZING. I wish I knew the person's name or something. Just so I could send them a letter thanking them, because I think it will be the best thing in my life that someone is going to give to me. I don't think a box of chocolate can really beat giving someone a new immune system.

The whole process is me getting a downgraded chemo (not a full blitz of chemo) and then that leaves half my own cells and this new person's cell come in. Now the problems can start. For a start my orginal cells cud teach the new cells bad habits, like a badly behaved child but hopefully they will die out and the donor cells will merge in my bone marrow and become mine. Or it could go all tits up and I could get graft vs host disease and my organs could fail..... HAHA sorry I had to laugh.

Fun fact of the day: Did you know that everyone... YES EVERYONE'S body kills cancer cells up to three times a day EVERYDAY..... FACT! Our bodies are reallyyyyy amazing.

When you do look round life is pretty amazing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment