Wednesday 16 March 2011

My Hammy Wammy

 I have yet to introduce my hamster, Oreo of a year and a half is my lovely black and white syrain long haired hamster. I know this may sound biased but she is the cutest thing ever.

Most people think that she looks "rat like" or else "ugly" but I suppose since I am her mother in some respects, I adore her. She lives in the spare room in my house, due to her heavy excerise regime. I like to think she secretly puts on a sweat band and times how long it takes her to do six miles (apparently a hamster can run up to three miles a night in their wheel)

She is the first hamster that I have had who is a female, all my other teddy bear hamster or syrain long haired hamsters have been males. This time she was a tiny wee baby when I got her and she loves being handled.


In the photo beside is her eating her food, or really just stuffing her pouches. She is not a normal hamster in the sense that she doesn't like treats. Her cage just consists of her bed (the white bedding in the back, altho she had a tidy that night and it was all over the cage) and her wee blue wheel. I tend to only give her the purple feeding bowl when she gets her food and then i remove it to give her more space after she has taken all the food out of the bowl.

She is just one of my animals and I shall also post about my dog. I couldn't live without my animals, or a animal in my life because they make you happy even if you only have fifteen mins to spare or with my dog some play time every evening. Animals are a huge part of my life because I love them so much, especially cows (don't ask, I don't know why)

No comments:

Post a Comment