Friday 30 December 2011

Celebrations and Cheer

Have a happy new year!!!
31 days in December,  I can't believe that it has flown in. We wait all year for the one day that we can lavish presents on our most loved people that we share our lives with. I couldn't believe the gifts I got, I was so happy. I couldn't believe that my boyfriend, best friends and family actually got me presents that depicted my visual image. Feminine, vintage, womanly. All the gifts just shouted "me" to me. I thought for ages that no one really paid attention to my style or maybe what I like and dislike, but I felt terrible when present after present people seemed to give me gifts that I would have chosen for myself.

But the question is you wait all year for this one day... of present giving and food sharing BUT if you had the chance... would you say yes to everyday being Christmas? I have to say no, then it would become just like any other day. No Christmas Glitz and Glam, no angel hair on the tree. No stuffed food with lashings of luxury items. No once a year, sigh of relief when you climb into bed, either drunk or exhausted from washing all the pots and pans and say "thats it...over for another year"

Needless to say I do enjoy Christmas but I suppose everyone eventually thinks "thank goodness that month where we decided to put a living tree in our family room, which we then decorated is over".... but yet the madness doesn't end!

Boxing Day sales? Cramped shopping conditions as a frenzy of manic shoppers search for that last "size 6" coat. You could almost scream and no one would hear you through the drone of the tills clicking and the exchange of money. Along with the question of "well... your new years resolution?" Or personally for me "well Jane its only 27 days until you are 21!" I can't believe that I am turning 21, but indeed that post/topic is for another day altogether!

For NYE I am going to a charity event for Marie Curie Hospice, which is a brillant cause. This led me to re-think my silly "i shall stop fishing" NY Resolutions and I have decided to draw up at least three small things that I hope to aim/achieve in 2012.

a) continue my uni work to a high standard
b) start in the tourism board placement
c) Be less of a push over

But I want to remain positive along with grateful that I have once again got better and indeed I am decreasing my cyclosporin so now im taking 75mg both morning and night. I just can't believe what a difference over half a year makes to anyones life, I can't believe it was 8 months or just over, that I was getting my transplant. I might also enquiry how i can write a letter to the donor.

Toodles for now! Happy New Year to you all! Hope 2012 is either better for you (if you didn't have a great 2011) or continues to be good (if you had a good 2011)......

No comments:

Post a Comment