Friday 23 December 2011

Scattering, Basting, Glazing your Christmas

I am an avid fan of all things food. I wouldn't be the type of person who makes delicious food that turns people speechless as their taste buds start to do a dance of joy, but I do love watching recipes whilst I drool not only in envy but also in hunger. Food programmes never fail to make me hungry.

In the run up to Christmas people started to get more and more frantic. When I panic, I cook. Simple you say? "When will I find the time to get my gifts for people?" Well that is where Lorriane (link below) comes in. She not only shows you lovely food, that can make anyone drool but also small cheap gifts that are adorable to give to any friend. Home made gifts Jane? Well its a recession and also what happened to Christmas meaning family and not presents?

Iplayer- Lorraines_Last_Minute_Christmas

If Lorriane isn't your cup of tea, I am also going to recommend Hairy Biker's. You can't go wrong with two jolly guys who talk so passionately about British food and the real experience of cooking.

Iplayer- The_Hairy_Bikers_Twelve_Days_of_Christmas

And if that still doesn't grab you with mouth watering food then Nigella is the final card I give to you. Yes it might have been orginally aired in 2008 but who doesn't love a bit of  Nigella in the kitchen? She might make wives jealous and husbands gaze at the television in sheer awe, whilst Nigella makes food into some sort of mouth watering pleasure experience with her tone of voice and how she describes ingredients.

Iplayer- Nigellas_Christmas_Kitchen_Series_2_Short_and_Sweet

If you are looking for luxury this Christmas then desserts are a must. I haven't made up my mind about what dessert I want to try making this year, as its the first year I am either not ill or bald... a christmas hat doesn't look as nice on a bald head of a female. Anyway I can't wait for Christmas. As i write this its the 23rd December. I can't believe this time last year I was in hospital trying to contain my sickness whilst i was attached 24hrs a day to a drip. Actually this time tomorrow I will ONLY just be leaving the hospital, where (this is 100% true!) the snow slowly began to fall.

Looking back on that night (if i didnt want to vomit with every step I took) I would have thought someone was trying to make me smile.

Till next time (maybe I will have my dessert done and photos of the dessert.... Im hoping to do Ferroche Rocher cheesecake.... mmhhh)


1 comment:

  1. Also recommend Jamie Oliver's Christmas with bells on for all the classics =D
    It's on 4od

    ReplyDelete