Friday 9 September 2011

Something that I want.....

This song is from the hit movie "Tangled" and it makes me happy when I hear it, therefore you should hit PLAYYYY and listen to it whilst i tell you my great... no no... AWESOME SAUCE news.

I got told EVENTUALLY after chasing down my transplant co-ordinator (well my mum did the chasing) about my donor cell blood test. This shows how much donor vs my cells are in my body. So at this stage the hospital is looking for around 60-70% of the donor cells vs obviously 40% or below of my cells.

My result was.... ONE HUNDRED PERCENTTTTT *does a bouncy dance* which means that my cells are no longer there to teach the new cells bad habits ie that cancer cells are friendly, when in fact they are enemmmiesss *dramatic voice*

My other happy news is that I found out the sex of the donor. Ever since I got the transplant I had this image of a business woman from America taking time out to come over with her mini suitcase dragging behind her whilst she clip clopped her way through St James hospital BUT I got told yesterday that it was a male donor, which is even better because if my cells ever do come back they can instantly tell the difference between male and female cells.... woop woop like chicken soup!

I haven't blogged in a couple of days so I have tons of interesting news, like the fact that a tropical storm (im mega into weather incase you missed my other posts about weather related stories) is coming to UK, I know that hurricanes can change within hours never mind days and probably by the time it gets to UK it will only feel like a stormy/windy day but still, Im looking forward to it. I have never once seen a hurricane from American make it's way over towards us, so its superrrr duper exciting for me. Hurricane-Katia-heads-for-the-UK.

Well that's all for now folkyssss. Toodle pip and what not.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment