Saturday 10 September 2011

A rare entire post for GVH education

I found this amazing video on youtube from a girls experience of her brother having cancer and going through chemo and GVH. she reads her diary extract about what it was like for her brother getting chemo and sadly he got extreme GVH and didn't survive.

I wanted to post this video for the simple reason that it is very hard sometimes for people to talk about their experience of going through getting chemo, and I found this girl seemed to describe his chemo experience the way I used to feel. The diary reading comes at 3.51 in the video (before that is her describing GVH, but its a bit depressing because his was such a extreme form- in all his organs)

 
I sometimes forget that my brain had this ability to somehow blank out parts of my transplant so it now just remains a haze to me, parts were I know I feel like I was so sick from treatment that I would rather someone just kill me, and then other parts which my parents and family remember but I seem to forget. I suppose in a way its how people cope (the forgetting/haze part)
It's not a easy journey, but I think its a journey worth taking. A bit like skydiving or jumping off that massive cliff into the brillant blue sea on holiday, scary but somehow your body jumps and before you know it... you have done it.

I wouldn't change it for the world. What happens is meant to happen. I normally don't dedicate a whole post anymore to my health but I thought this girl deserved to be posted because for someone that lost their brother, she holds it together very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment