Tuesday 4 August 2009

Hickman Line

Hey, so told everyone that I would post about my hickman line once it was in. In the past I have got my PICC line in about five times (in total) and this hickman line was a completely new thing to me.

I was taken down to a vasualar place in the back end of the city hospital and the staff were all females who scarily looked the same. This is when the show started. I was brought into the controlled xray area and put on the xray table. The point of the xray was so that they could see precisely were the line was going in. I nodded as they told me this thinkin... oh it wil be froze with magic stuff and i wil have to sit there for a hour and wait til they have finished with me. How wrong I was.... i was hooked up to a heart machine, blood pressure attached to my arm, surgery cap on my bald head (a funny look i wish to wear out for the night) very very cold cleansing agent that made it all sterile....


So off they went with the local magic stuff that i cant spell and nor shal i try because i dont want to look stupid in my own fab blog ;) Anywho they did the magic stuff and needless to say i cud stil feel them poking so more was applied to my chest area. After a while they started. Now I don't want to go into tooooo much detail incase people get bored with me talking but they made two holes to thread the line in via a wire up over my collar bone and into my main vein that connects to my heart... so i felt the wire go in, the blood pour down my neck and them threading the line in. As my heart rate increased i began to wonder whether I would get away with killing them all and walking out without a hickman line.... but needless to say they stitched me up and smiled sweetly at me, commenting on my nice taste in duvet cover....

The fun for me didnt end there tho, I waited for a good half an hour and in that time talked to a woman who cud only be described as being pulled through a hedge as her white hair was wild on top of her head like a monster and she had glasses that looked like they were hand made.... she of course was getting a bone or something cut out and i wished her luck as she giggled...and that isnt my imagination. THEN! Just as i thought i was going to get away from the crazy place another man came in from wales... invovled in a car accident and through his oxegyen mask he started to smile and wave at me... a man aged over 50 with 3 missing teeth and two broken ribs who looked like he was high on morphine. How did i know this? For his was rubbing his stomach constantly while scratching his head.


And you lot think i am insane ;)

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment