Sunday 22 November 2009

Pop that Cork

So off I went for the weekend to a place near Cork. A holiday you may say but i was the co pilot in this operation. The operation title: Get to the hotel without getting lost. It may sound easy but when u have three people going "are you sure?" to ur directions and then saying "we missed the turn off" when indeed they were reading the wrong section of your instructions and were leading us to the airport instead of the hotel....well you would in my position (which was what did "not" happen) become a bit snappy and start to produce a full blown headache before you have even arrived at ur destination.

We arrived in good time (a saying i don't even understand. Good time? What does someone praise you and pat you on the head or is it more a term about the fact u arrived at ur destination at all) Anywho and anyway we got unpacked and of course i went for my first real excerise since getting out of hospital. Swimming. Yes yes i went swimming. Of course i did it the wrong way round, I went into the hot tub first and was all tosy then got into the mild luke warm water for a few lenghts or indeed races (who knows?) After the swimming was completed and my legs felt like lead (hard to walk obviously) we went and got dinner. Being economically in these times meant we got vouchers and had a nice dinner that didnt look cheap but was. I had steak and peppercorn sauce with onion rings and chips. Yum in my tum....

I wont bore you with further fruitless details but i got A LOT of clothes, a new pandora bracelet and didnt get lost once (only due to my high memory skills and good tomtom sat nav training in my previous life)

I am back home now and i feel much better not paying for tolls and not using Euros (they confuse me... why cant we all use my money? in terms of currency not my savings)

I did even put in a little christmas shopping and that is good for me... shopping firstly and then shopping for someone else... i patted my back on that one.

I am away now to ring dear Lauren my friend but maybe if you are lucky i might come on 2mara and give you my low down on winter tale tution times. Lol. (how excited i am..... nat!)

Toodles Darlings,

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment