Friday 31 July 2009

The Call

So today I got the call from le hospital to say that there was a bed in the hospital waiting with my name on it... this is like the first stage before u get into the ward for ur specific treatment.


So i was like "great... my wee break is nearly over" then they rang back and said that another person took the bed and that i was put back on the waiting list (my wee heart was v.happy at this)


Only to get another phone call and be told that my hickman line date has been made for this tuesday (basically once that is in they ring a few days later and bring u in....)


The hickman line is inserted into ur chest while the surrounding area is froze but u can see them bring the lines into ur heart and across under ur skin....


I don't really mind the whole getting it done because i can hack that... it more a new thing in my chest that is only secured by two wee tape things and for someone who sleeps on their chest i wil now have a week of sleepless nights until i get used to it....


On another note I wil then be confined to that stupid room for 3 weeks and may not be allowed out due to isolation....


As the sayin goes "it can only get better" Right?
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment