Saturday 28 May 2011

Page Upon Page of Book Pleasure

I am a great lover of books, it may seem geeky to some or else a waste of time for others but a book is something I never bore of, I look forward to turning that page and reading the next segment in the story. I love thinking up what the characters look like and I am deffo one of those people who hate when a book is turned into a movie, where upon the movie decides to
a) ruin my character images
b) leave out crucial parts of the story/plot line
c) ruin my opinion of the book

The most I can read in a day? A full novel, which is usually 400 pages. I suppose a lot of people can do this, but it gives me great pleasure in reading books and this is where my post is going. I decided last night, to cheer myself up that I would go on and write down books that I want to get. I came up with these titles and actually ordered one of them, which I am very excited about because its a sequel to a fantasy fiction series. This is my list
1) When God Was A Rabbit
2) We'll Meet Again
3) Moon Over Soho (the book I ordered, which follows on from Rivers Of London)

So my plan is to get these books (the first two were on the Tesco Book Chart) and read them all with glee.
A simple blog post but a topic I never bore of.
P.S. I hate ebooks and kindles.... where's the smell of the book? the crispy turn of the page? the whole library industry is dying out and it saddens me.....

Keep the books alive! Not the ebooks!

3 comments:

  1. Ooo so Rivers of London was good? My list of books I want to read this summer is growing =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are like my sister. She can devour books without pausing! I am so slow, and need regular breaks; but I've a new ambition to read three books before July. Agree with you about ebooks! <3 the smell and feel of book paper ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I couldn't tell you how many books I've devoured this year. I have paper fingers. I've really enjoyed reading your blog. It's great that you have been writing. It is a really refreshing (if at times bemusing) read :), so keep it up! And keep up the reading too!

    ReplyDelete